Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grouse Creek 4th of July

Last year 2009,  I made a quilt for the Grouse Creek 4th of July celebration along with my Dad who is 82. The celebration last year consisted of a dance both on Friday and Saturday nights. We thought that it may be too expensive for people to pay for the dance on Friday and then turn around and pay for another dance on Saturday...so we made the quilt to be raffled in order to have the Saturday night dance FREE. My Dad and I are going to make another quilt this year for the same reasons. I am so excited. I am going to make a Americana/4th of July/Cowboy theme for the embroidery. My Dad has already made the levi squares and I put on the first design this morning. Can't wait to post the pictures when it is done. Since I am trying to blog for now and also blog for the past....here is a picture of last years quilt...It is a brand quilt of the brands of some of the people who either live or have lived in Grouse Creek. It was a huge success and it was won by Jay and Diane Tanner. What is funny about this quilt is that we actually had Jay's brand wrong..Oops. But neither me or my Dad was comfortable with him having a quilt with his brand being wrong soooo. We made another quilt and gave it to them...What a bonus they got 2 quilts made from my Dad. WooHoo. Stay tuned for the pictures of 2010 quilt the birdhouse is similar to the one I used today.

No comments: