Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chelle's Quilt

Chelle is my really great friend. She has been the main cook at stake camp and I was her helper for 5 years at the same time she was the primary president and I have been the ward photographer. She also gets me out of bed to go and exercise early in the morning. We had just recently spent a year in YW with me as the MiaMaid Advisor and her as the 1st Counselor. Then she got released and put into the stake primary. I was at the time practicing levi quilt design and seeing what worked better. I didn't really have an idea why I was making the quilt until she got released...then I knew it would be for her. I embroidered the names of the girls and the leaders who were in the MiaMaids during this year and then also the YW values...I then put the flowers the color of the YW values on the quilt. These were appliques and they are a whole other blog input.
Here are pictures of the quilt. It was again machine embroidered by my friend Karen. She put a heart design on the quilt. It looked really awesome. This quilt matched Chelle's spare bedroom perfect and she loved it.




No comments: