Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Big Holes

Big Holes are very hard to fill, fix or stitch. Sometimes we have holes in our hearts either from death, sickness, children or siblings. How do you go about fixing a hole in your heart???? We know that over time the sorrow softens just a little and is replaced with happier times and memories. I have a void in my life and it won't be fixed soon....Is it because I don't want it to? No, I do want it to be fixed. So I am going to use an analogy to try and convey my thoughts. When a cat is wounded, it will lick its wound. Then the cat will lick and lick and lick the wound until it becomes a bigger sore and the skin is raw with no hair. In order for the cat to get healed there are two things that need to happen. First, it needs to heal from the inside and second the cat needs to stop licking its wound. For a cat the inside is healed using antibiotics....with a human to fill a void the person needs to fill it with love, christ, charity and forgiveness. To heal the cat on the outside it needs to stop licking its wounds. This is done by putting a cone over its head to prevent it from licking. How does a human stop licking its wounds??? I think I will look funny with that cone on my head.

No comments: